Joining our Legacy Society offers you a way to make a gift to the Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin during or after your lifetime. These gifts are created to help you meet your personal, philanthropic, financial, and estate planning goals.
HOW IT WORKS
- You include the Community Foundation in your will as a bequest. We can help you or your attorney with the recommended language.
- You determine the type of fund you would like to establish with your gift.
- Upon your death, we set up a fund in your name, in the name of your family, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- Our professional program staff considers your charitable wishes and determines the areas of community need that would be most impacted by grants from your gift.
- Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
Our knowledgeable staff is ready to assist you, and we invite you to join the Legacy Society by filling out our statement of intent. You will be joining a list of community-minded individuals who have notified us of their plans to leave a lasting gift to our community.
D.J. and Mary Clare Freeman were married for over 70 years, the epitome of life partners. The Community Foundation was fortunate enough to have them as passionate philanthropical partners since the Foundation’s earliest days, with Mary Clare being part of our board of directors. Donors, award recipients, and Legacy Society members, the Freemans are part of the very fabric of the Community Foundation. The Freemans were the impetus of Wausau’s 400 Block, bringing a vision for the city’s gathering spot. They were role models teaching us that ‘You can’t do it alone. We build it together.’ Their legacy will live on in our community, thanks to their generosity.