Established in 1987, the Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin is a nonprofit community corporation created to provide for the long-term needs of our local communities. Through the generosity of our donors, we support programs and organizations that enhance every aspect of life in our area, including education, the arts, health and human services, and the preservation of historical, cultural, and natural resources.
We are one of 770 nonprofit community foundations nationwide and strictly adhere to the stringent National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
The Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin is a nonprofit community corporation, created by and for the people of north central Wisconsin. We exist to enrich life for present and future generations.
Our goals are to:
- Responsibly solicit, manage, and distribute philanthropic assets created by charitable gifts and bequests.
- Communicate opportunities and benefits of philanthropy to communities served.
- Demonstrate leadership and act as a catalyst to design programs and identify issues in collaboration with other foundations, corporations, organizations, and communities.
- Engage in creative and sensitive grant making to enrich communities served. Devote special emphasis to education, the arts, health and human services, and the preservation of historical, cultural, and natural resources.
What Does Your Community Foundation Do?
Simply put, the Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin provides people with a variety of easy, secure, and effective ways to “give back” to their communities. We invest in the long term and bring people and organizations together to facilitate philanthropic giving that is responsive to local needs. In short, we help you build community.
Our professional staff has the expertise to help you:
- Explore your giving options
- Establish funds in honor or memory of friends and loved ones
- Create personalized funds that reflect your values and interests
- Contribute to existing funds
- Learn more about local organizations and programs that make a difference in areas you care about most
- Ensure that the causes you support during your lifetime continue to be supported after your death
In most cases your gifts, which can include cash, stocks, property, bequests, and other assets, qualify for maximum tax advantages under federal law.
Three Special features of Community Foundations
One: personalized service.
We make giving easy and effective, accepting a wide variety of gifts and providing donors a number of charitable options. You can contribute cash, stocks, property, and bequests. You may establish a fund in your name or in the name of a loved one. In most cases, your gift qualifies for maximum tax advantage under federal law.
Two: local expertise.
Our professional staff has an in-depth understanding of the issues, opportunities, and resources that shape our community. They monitor all areas of community needs and can help you learn more about local organizations and programs that make a difference in areas you care about most.
Three: community leadership.
We invest in the long term and bring people and organizations together, convening diverse voices to address local issues and opportunities. Our business is building community.