Welcome to Donor Portal
The team at the Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin has been working hard to implement this new technology to improve the experience for you, our Fund Advisors. We are excited to launch this system in its current iteration and ask for your continued patience as we bring additional features online over the coming months. We have assembled this quick-reference guide to introduce the basics of the new Donor Portal. As always, please know our staff stands ready to answer any questions you might have.
- Establishing your password: Community Foundation staff will initiate your fund by confirming your eligibility to serve as an advisor to one or more charitable funds. Once the process has been initiated, you will receive an automated email from sender “[email protected]” You will notice “Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin” referenced in the email’s subject line. The automated email will instruct you on the steps to create a custom password specific to your fund. Take note of your username and password as you complete this process. Please delete this automated email once you have successfully completed this process. The link contained in the email is only to be used for establishing your initial password.
- Accessing the system: To access the portal at any time, simply visit here and enter your username and password established in the step outlined above. Once inside the system, select the particular account you wish to review and then use the menu items in the screenshots below to navigate through the Donor Portal.
Navigating Donor Portal
The main screen provides an at-a-glance list of Recent Contributions received into the fund and Recent Grants paid out of the fund. You will also see the Current Balance, updated in real-time, and the current Fund Advisors will be indicated just below the balance. Note that each person listed will have similar access to Donor Portal.
The menu bar along the top of the window provides the following additional options:
- Choose Fund – allows you to select a different account for which you serve as an advisor
- Contributions – provides in-depth information regarding each contribution received into the fund. Provided the donor has not requested to remain anonymous, you will be able to learn more detail about each donor by clicking his/her name. You will note that an “Export” option now appears on the far right side of the menu bar. This feature will export information about each donation into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Grants – provides more detail about all grants paid from this fund. The top section provides a summary of grants by recipient (aka, grantee). Scroll down past the summary section to see an itemized list of grants paid in descending order (most recent first).
- Look for the word “Complete” in the Status column to know the grant has been paid.
- Other status indicators will appear as the grant moves along our internal processes. Only the status “Complete” confirms that a grant has been successfully paid. Contact Sue Nelson ([email protected]) for questions about grant status indicators.
Grant Requests – use this tab to recommend a grant payment from your Donor Advised Fund or Fiscal Sponsorship fund. NOTE: Designated Endowments and/or Scholarship funds should not utilize this tab. You will find the Grant Requests window divided into four sections.
- The Grants Listing appears in the right half of the window. Here you will find each grant recommended/paid from this charitable fund listed in descending date order. Look for the word “Complete” in the Status column to confirm a grant has been successfully paid.
- The first portion on the left side of the screen is labeled Choose From Previous Grantee. You can recommend additional payments to any recipient previously paid from this fund using this handy tool. Use one of the options below to recommend grant payments to new recipients not previously paid from this particular fund.
- Search for Other Grantees – This box queries the complete list of nonprofit organizations holding current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Enter Grantee Information Manually – the last section allows you to manually enter the information we will need to process your grant recommendation. The fields marked with a red asterisk are required; providing all the requested information allows us to ensure your grant recommendation is processed as accurately and efficiently as possible.