Community Enhancement Grants
Community Arts Grants
Community Enhancement Grants
Beyond Pencils & Crayons Grants
Make a Difference Day Grants
Community Enhancement Funds
Donations made to a Community Enhancement Fund enable the Community Foundation's experienced program staff and board of directors to do what they do best – assess community needs and respond by awarding grants to nonprofit organizations that undertake our community's most critical work. Community Enhancement Funds help your Community Foundation support long-term solutions, respond quickly to urgent needs, and meet ever-changing needs in your local community.
How to Start a Community Enhancement Fund
When you establish a Community Enhancement Fund, your gift addresses a broad range of local needs – including future needs that often cannot be anticipated at the time your gift is made. The flexibility of your gift enables your Community Foundation's program experts to respond to the community's most pressing needs, today and tomorrow.
How it works
- You make a gift to your Community Foundation during your lifetime or through a bequest in your will. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Our professional program staff determines the areas of community need that would be most impacted by grants from your gift.
- Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
Community Enhancement Funds Administered Within the Community Foundation
- Wausau·Marathon County Fund 1987
- Nils Folke, Jr. & Jean B. Becker Legacy Fund 2013
- Edward & Lois Drott Legacy Fund 2016
- George L. Geisler Trust Fund 2005
- Caroline S. Mark Legacy Fund 2005
- Orville E. & Geraldine L. Peterson Family Fund 2004
- Marvin & Ruth (Rudie) Schuette Fund 2009
- Clarion G. & Irene B. Sternberg Fund 2002
The Wausau•Marathon County Fund
The Wausau•Marathon County Fund, established in 1987, is a flexible resource that enables the Foundation to address our community's most pressing needs in the areas of education, the arts, health and human services, and the preservation of historical, cultural, and natural resources.
The fund is cultivated by generous donors through outright gifts or as part of their wills or estate planning. Donations become a permanent resource for innovative projects and programs that have a lasting and positive impact on life in Wausau and Marathon County.